Table of Contents
- Bottom-up stock selection based on rigorous fundamental research drives returns over market cycles
- Opportunistic, unconstrained approach seeks to exploit inefficiencies around the developing world, allows flexibility in locating and identifying growth across market capitalizations
- With high active risk and reasonable concentration, we believe high-conviction ideas drive returns over market cycles
Characteristics & Performance
- Composite Inception: 9/30/14
- Strategy AUM: $0.8 Billion as of 12/31/22
- Benchmark: MSCI Emerging Markets Index (Net of Taxes)
- Holdings Range: Typically 35 – 45
- Avg. Position Size: 1 – 4% of portfolio
- Active Share: >90%
- Cash: <5%
- Institutional Separate Account
- US Mutual Fund
- UCITS Fund*
- Collective Investment Trust
*By clicking on this link you are leaving jennison.com and being redirected to a new website
Albert Kwok and Sara Moreno are the portfolio managers responsible for the daily management of Emerging Markets portfolios. Mark Baribeau is the Head of Global Equity strategies at Jennison and has oversight responsibility for the Emerging Markets equity strategy. Albert and Sara report to Mark as Emerging Markets portfolio managers and Emerging Markets research analysts. The portfolio management team is also supported by Jennison’s global growth sector analysts.
In addition to their roles as Emerging Market portfolio managers, Albert and Sara also serve as research analysts. Albert focuses on stocks in Emerging Asia. He grew up in Hong Kong and Singapore and is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese. Sara focuses on stocks in Latin America and Emerging Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. She grew up in Ecuador, Nigeria, and Trinidad and Tobago. She is fluent in Spanish, and proficient in French and Italian. The team also leverages the insights and experience of Jennison’s other research analysts, many of whom are sector specialists and work on the firm’s other equity strategies.
Performance Disclosures: Past performance does not guarantee future results. Performance results are calculated in US dollars and reflect reinvestment of dividends and other earnings. Periods greater than one year are annualized. Please refer to the GIPS presentation for additional details, important performance information and disclosures.