Short Duration Credit Composite
September 30, 2022 to December 31, 2022
|Composite Gross of Fee Returns (%)
|Composite Net of Fee Returns (%)
|Bloomberg US 1-5 Year Credit Bond Index Returns (%)
|Composite Gross of Fee 3-Yr St Dev (%)
|Bloomberg US 1-5 Year Credit Bond Index 3-Yr St Dev (%)
|Composite Assets ($ in Millions)
|# of Accounts
|Internal Dispersion (Equal-Weighted)
|Total Firm Assets ($ in Millions)
|Inception – 12/31/22
- Jennison Associates LLC (Jennison or the Firm) claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) and has prepared and presented this report in compliance with the GIPS standards. Jennison has been independently verified for the period from January 1, 1993 through December 31, 2022. A firm that claims compliance with the GIPS Standards must establish policies and procedures for complying with all applicable requirements of the GIPS Standards. Verification provides assurance on whether the firm’s policies and procedures related to composite and pooled fund maintenance, as well as the calculation, presentation, and distribution of performance, have been designed in compliance with the GIPS Standards and have been implemented on a firm-wide basis. The Short Duration Credit Composite has had a performance examination for the periods from October 1, 2022 through December 31,2022. The verification and performance examination reports are available upon request.
- GIPS® is a registered trademark of CFA Institute. CFA Institute does not endorse or promote this organization, nor does it warrant the accuracy or quality of the content contained herein.
- Jennison Associates LLC is an investment adviser registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended, and an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc. (“Parent”). Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential plc, a company incorporated in the United Kingdom, or with Prudential Assurance Company, a subsidiary of M&G plc, incorporated in the United Kingdom. On January 1, 2006, Jennison redefined the Firm to include JMA assets, for all periods after January 1, 2006.
- The net of fee Inception to date return for the composite as of 12/31/2022: 2.06%. Inception to date return for the benchmark as of 12/31/2022: 1.78%.
- The Composite inception date was September 30, 2022 and the Composite creation date under the GIPS standards was October 2022. Accounts in the Short Duration Credit Strategy (“Strategy”) are managed versus the Bloomberg US 1-5 Year Credit Bond Index. The investment objective is to outperform the benchmark over a full market cycle through active sector rotation, bottom-up security selection, and yield curve management while prioritizing strong liquidity and downside protection. The Short Duration Credit strategy is managed with the same core Fixed Income philosophy and process that Jennison employs across all mandates. The strategy also utilizes an out-of-benchmark allocation to the Securitized sector as another potential alpha source with return drivers that differ from the credit space. The strategy tracks the duration of the benchmark very closely. The difference between this strategy and existing corporate credit strategies is its shorter duration. A list of Jennison’s composite and limited distribution pooled fund descriptions is available upon request. Policies for valuing investments, calculating performance, and preparing GIPS Reports are available upon request.
- Where allowed by client guidelines, the Strategy includes the regular use of Treasury futures for non-speculative, hedging purposes only. These derivative instruments are used to implement yield curve and duration management strategies. The risk characteristics of these instruments are similar to the underlying Treasury securities.
- Performance results are calculated in US dollars and reflect reinvestment of income and other earnings. Gross of fee performance is presented before custodial and Jennison’s actual advisory fees but after transaction costs. Net of fee performance is presented net of Jennison’s actual advisory fees and transaction costs. For a short duration credit separate account the fee schedule offered to institutional clients is as follows: 0.15% on first $200 million, 0.12% on the next $600 million, 0.10% on the next $1.5 billion, 0.08% on the balance. The minimum account size for a new separate account is generally $100 million. Actual advisory fees charged and actual account minimum size may vary by account due to various conditions described in Jennison Associates LLC’s Form ADV.
- The data presented represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. Performance results fluctuate, and there can be no assurances that objectives will be achieved. Client’s principal may be at risk under certain market conditions.
- The Internal Dispersion (dispersion) is the standard deviation of individual gross account returns within a composite. It is a measure of how consistently a strategy has been applied across accounts within a composite. The dispersion is calculated when there are at least six accounts in the Composite for a full year and is based on the gross of fee annual returns of accounts in the Composite for the full year. For those periods where less than six accounts are in the Composite for a full year, or where the period is less than a full year, “N/A” is presented.
- The three-year annualized standard deviation measures the variability of the composite’s gross return the benchmark over the preceding 36-month period. This measure is not required to be presented for annual periods ended prior to 2011 or when 36 monthly composite returns are not yet available.
- The benchmark for the composite is the Bloomberg US 1-5 Year Credit Bond Index. The Bloomberg US 1-5 Year Credit Bond Index includes publicly issued U.S. corporate and foreign debentures and secured notes that meet specified maturity, liquidity, and quality requirements. Index returns are not covered by the report of the independent verifier. The financial indices referenced herein are provided for informational purposes only. When comparing the performance of a manager to its benchmark(s), please note that the manager's holdings and portfolio characteristics may differ from those of the benchmark(s). Additional factors impacting the performance displayed herein may include portfolio-rebalancing, the timing of cash flows, and differences in volatility, none of which impact the performance of the financial indices. Financial indices are unmanaged and assume reinvestment of income and other earnings but do not reflect the impact of fees, applicable taxes or trading costs which may also reduce the returns shown. All indices referenced in this presentation are registered trade names or trademark/service marks of third parties. References to such trade names or trademark/service marks and data is proprietary and confidential and cannot be redistributed without Jennison's prior consent. Investors cannot directly invest in an index.