Large Cap Value Equity Composite
December 31, 2012 to December 31, 2022
Gross of Fee
Net of Fee
|Russell 1000® Value Index Returns (%)||
Gross of Fee
3-Yr Std Dev (%)
($ in Millions)
|# of Accounts||
Total Firm Assets
($ in Millions)
- Jennison Associates LLC (Jennison or the Firm) claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) and has prepared and presented this report in compliance with the GIPS standards. Jennison has been independently verified for the period from January 1, 1993 through December 31, 2021. A firm that claims compliance with the GIPS Standards must establish policies and procedures for complying with all applicable requirements of the GIPS Standards. Verification provides assurance on whether the firm’s policies and procedures related to composite and pooled fund maintenance, as well as the calculation, presentation, and distribution of performance, have been designed in compliance with the GIPS Standards and have been implemented on a firm-wide basis. The Large Cap Value Equity Composite (Composite) has been examined for the period from June 1, 2000 through December 31, 2021. The verification and performance examination reports are available upon request.
- GIPS® is a registered trademark of CFA Institute. CFA Institute does not endorse or promote this organization, nor does it warrant the accuracy or quality of the content contained herein.
- Jennison Associates LLC is an investment adviser registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended, and an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc. (Parent). Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential plc, a company incorporated in the United Kingdom, or with Prudential Assurance Company, a subsidiary of M&G plc, incorporated in the United Kingdom. On January 1, 2006, Jennison redefined the Firm to include JMA assets, for all periods after January 1, 2006.
- The net of fee returns for the 1, 5, 10 year periods ending 12/31/2022: -8.11%, 6.53% and 9.06%, respectively. The benchmark returns for the 1, 5, 10 year periods ending 12/31/2022: -7.54%, 6.66% and 10.29%, respectively.
- The Composite inception date and the creation date under the GIPS standards was May 31, 2000. The Large Cap Value Equity strategy seeks long-term growth of capital by investing primarily in common stocks of large companies that are believed to be valued at a discount to their true worth and that possess a set of catalysts that should lead to a positive change in the market’s expectations, resulting in out-performance. Accounts in this Composite typically have approximately 60-80 holdings. In September 2014, Jennison Associates hired a new Portfolio Manager to replace the existing Large Cap Value Portfolio Managers. A list of Jennison’s composite and limited distribution pooled fund descriptions is available upon request. Policies for valuing investments, calculating performance, and preparing GIPS Reports are available upon request.
- Performance results are calculated in US dollars and reflect reinvestment of dividends and other earnings. Gross of fee performance is presented before custodial and Jennison’s actual advisory fees but after transaction costs. December 31, 2007 to July 31, 2014, net of fee performance is presented net of Jennison’s actual advisory fees and transaction costs. For periods beginning August 1, 2014, net of fees performance reflects the deduction of a model fee, is net of transaction costs and is calculated based on the highest tier of the fee schedule in effect for the respective period, which may not reflect the actual historical fees applied to the accounts in the Composite. Returns are gross of reclaimable withholding taxes, if any, and net of non-reclaimable withholding taxes. For a large cap value equity separate account, the fee schedule offered to institutional clients is as follows: 0.60% on first $25 million of assets managed; 0.50% on next $25 million; 0.40% on next $50 million; 0.30% on the balance. Actual advisory fees charged and actual account minimum size may vary by account due to various conditions described in Jennison Associates LLC’s Form ADV.
- The data presented represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. Performance results fluctuate, and there can be no assurances that objectives will be achieved. Client’s principal may be at risk under certain market conditions.
- The annual composite dispersion presented is an equal weighted standard deviation calculated of the individual gross account returns in the composite for the entire year. For annual periods with less than 6 accounts included for the entire year, dispersion is not presented. The three-year annualized ex-post standard deviation measures the variability of the composite’s gross returns and the benchmark over the preceding 36-month period and is not required to be presented prior to 2011 or when 36 monthly composite gross returns are not available.
- The Benchmark for the Strategy is the Russell 1000® Value Index.