Unconstrained, Concentrated Approach to Global Growth
Seeks to outperform the MSCI All Country World Index by:
- Investing in companies around the world believed to be new market leaders with sustainable competitive advantages
- Capturing market upside and tempering market downside
- Dampening portfolio volatility by monitoring correlations of individual holdings and the overall portfolio.
- Seek to identify companies in early stages of inflection point in growth
- Believe investing in companies with strong home-market positions and limited dependence on exports, government subsidization, commodities cycles, or global growth reduces volatility
- Benchmark- and region-agnostic view focuses on companies rather than countries, sectors, or macroeconomic themes
- Bottom-up stock selection based on rigorous fundamental research drives returns over market cycles
- Agnostic about source of growth: disruptive or game-changing technology, product, or service; new product cycle or market expansion: inflection point in industry growth; increase in addressable market; best-of-breed leadership; restructuring synergies
- Integrated global perspective
- Benchmark and region-agnostic
The Global Equity Opportunities investment team seeks to identify companies at the inflection point in their growth. The team is agnostic about the source of growth, which could include:
- Disruptive or game-changing technology, product, or service
- New product cycle or market expansion
- Inflection point in industry growth
- Increase in an addressable market
- Best-of-breed leadership in a particular niche
- Restructuring synergies
The team believes that capturing these opportunities consistently requires a disciplined investment process and focused fundamental research.
We seek to capture the inflection point in a company’s growth rate that is not yet fully reflected in the stock price, and the team values duration of that growth. We believe that, over the long-term, carefully selected growth stocks can generate superior investment returns. Original, fundamental research, individual security selection, and implementation by a specialized investment team are integral, we believe, to successful growth stock investing.
|Benchmark:||MSCI All Country World Index|
|Number of Holdings:||Typically 40 – 50|
|Average Position Size:||1 – 4% of portfolio|
|Top Ten Positions:||30 – 40% of portfolio|
|Active Share:||90 – 95%|
Global Equity Opportunities portfolios are managed by two portfolio managers. The strategy has access to 27 sector research analysts, many of whom are global sector specialists who also work on other equity strategies. In addition, the strategy has two dedicated emerging markets research analysts.
Meet the Team
Please remember that there are inherent risks involved with investing in the markets, and your investments may be worth more or less than your initial investment upon redemption. There is no guarantee that the investment managers’ objectives will be achieved. Professional money management is not suitable for all investors. The risks associated with investing include but are not limited to: derivative securities, which may carry market, credit, and liquidity risks; short sales, which involve costs and the risk of potentially unlimited losses; leveraging, which may magnify losses; high yield (“junk”) bonds, which are subject to greater market risks; small/mid cap stocks which may be subject to more erratic market movements than large cap stocks; foreign securities, which are subject to currency fluctuation and political uncertainty; real estate, which poses certain risks related to overall and specific economic conditions as well as risks related to individual property, credit and interest-rate fluctuations; and mortgage-backed securities, which are subject to prepayment and extension risks.
Thematic and concentrated portfolios may not be suitable for all investors. Such portfolios are non-diversified, so a loss resulting from a particular security will have greater impact on the portfolio’s return. Fixed income investments are subject to interest rate risk, and their value will decline as interest rates rise.
Your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs must be reviewed before suitable programs can be recommended. Asset allocation and diversification strategies do not assure a profit or protect against loss in declining markets. Investors should consult with their attorney, accountant, and/or tax professional for advice concerning their particular situation.
This web site is not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any security or other financial instrument or any investment management services.
The does not constitute investment advice and should not be used as the basis for any investment decision. There is no assurance that the strategy objectives as discussed will be met. Further, there is no assurance that any strategies, methods, sectors, or any investment programs herein were or will prove to be profitable, or that any investment recommendations or decisions we make in the future will be profitable for any investor or client.
These materials do not purport to provide any legal, tax or accounting advice.